Deductive Tasting Grid
Why We Use a Deductive Tasting Method?
- To improve your ability to taste and ability to accurately describe the characteristics of a wine
- Form valuable taste references (or markers) that lead to logical conclusions when tasting blind
- Increase your overall wine knowledge by tying theoretical knowledge to what you taste
- Improve your ability to sell wine by developing a customer friendly lexicon of descriptors
- Tasting hundreds (even thousands) of wines a year using the same technique
- Learning the elements of the ‘Grid’ so they are second nature – repetition is key
- Using blind tasting to increase skill level and perception of the wine in your glass
- Consistent study to supplement tasting – strong theory and successful tasting are closely connected
Download the Deductive Tasting Grid here.