Why Become a Master Sommelier?
- Eligibility for membership of the internationally recognised Court of Master Sommeliers.
- Improved promotion, job opportunities, salary prospects and recognition within the industry.
- The letter MS after your name will reassure a potential employer that you are a professional beverage manager and can control an efficient, profitable beverage service.
- Exclusivity – Over the five decades since the Court’s first examination was held, only around 270 candidates have earned the prestigious title Master Sommelier from the UK, USA, China, Portugal, Turkey, Denmark, Germany, France, Holland, Australia & New Zealand.
- In the service of wine, spirits and other alcoholic beverages, the Master Sommelier Diploma is the ultimate professional credential that anyone can attain worldwide.
- By Wearing the Court badge you indicate to your customers that you have reached the highest level of proficiency and knowledge in your profession. When choosing wines and other drinks they know they can follow your advice with confidence.
Why the Hospitality Industry Needs the Master Sommelier
- The Master Sommelier is a salesman, knowledgable in wines and other beverages and a qualified taster; who can pass on his or her knowledge to colleagues and guests.
- Wine service improves and helps to raise standards of food service throughout the hospitality industry.
- As an establishment’s wine sales increase, so do turnover and profitability.
- Increased professionalism encourages more customers to return and to recommend your establishment.
- Master Sommeliers are committed to the very highest standards of service and quality customer care, and to helping others achieve the same levels of excellence.